Purchase moving insurance if you have valuable antiques and collections.
The Day Before Moving
- Defrost, clean and air out your refrigerator.
- Clean your stove.
- Make sure you have payment ready for the mover - they will not
unpack without a check.
- Check your moving company's payment policies.
- Purchase traveler's checks for other possible expenses.
- Get a simple breakfast ready for the next morning.
- Pick up ice and beverages for moving day.
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Get a good night's sleep!
- Strip your beds.
- Moving company - will they disassemble the beds? Show movers
- Make sure your possessions to be moved are inventoried with
- Get all keys together. Put in a safe spot.
- Make sure moving van driver has correct address, phone number
- Check all rooms one last time.
- Remember closets and cupboards, basement, attic and garage!
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked.